Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Public Policy Progress Summary

Cortni Moore
April 21, 2011
JRN 200

Summary Progress Report for Public Policy Story

My story will be about the Prison System in Michigan and why the government spends so much money on the system when the money could be used in other areas of the State’s budget.

I will touch on the numbers and how much money goes into the system and how much of it is really needed for it to be effective for society and financially fair.

So far I have gathered a few potential sources for interviews but I am waiting for response.

I contacted the MSU Police Department on campus to interview with someone and I was directed to Sergeant Florene Taylor. The person who directed me to her said it may take awhile for her to get back to me.

My other sources that I would like to interview are any of the following four Criminal Justice professors at MSU, Jennifer Cobbina, Maureen Conner, Sheila Maxwell and Phillip Schertzing. I looked them up from the MSU Schedule of Courses site and then looked them up in the MSU directory for contact info.

So far I have only emailed my sources and my next step is to call them later today.

I’ve found numerous articles, write ups and interviews about this topic through the Internet and they would also be useful for background information and some sourcing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment